Mewtwo is coming to level five raids in Pokemon Go, so here are the best Pokemon to clear it quickly.
mewtwo is featured at level five raids in Pokemon Go, which means this is the perfect opportunity for you to nab one. You have until the end of July to catch the battle and potentially catch Mewtwo in raids, and better yet, there are two different charged attacks you can earn for the monster, depending on when you fight it. This is in addition to the possibility of getting yourself a Shiny version as well.
In this guide, we’re going to break down the best Pokemon you can use to quickly take down Mewtwo in raids in Pokemon Go.
Mewtwo: Best Counters
- Mega Gengar (Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball)
- Mega Houndoom (grunt, foul play)
- Mega Gyarados (Dick, Crunch)
- Giratina (Origin Forme) (Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball)
- Chandelier (Hex, Shadow Ball)
- Mega Absol (Snarl, Dark Pulse)
- Hoopa (unleashed/bound) (amazing, ball of shadow)
- Darkrai (Snarl, Dark Pulse)
- Yveltal (Snarl, Dark Pulse)
- Mewtwo (Psycho Cut, Shadow Ball)
- Hydreigon (Dick, Dark Pulse)
- Tyranitar (biting, crunchy)
- Gengar (Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball)
- Zarude (bite, dark pulse)
- Weavile (Snarl, foul play)
The Mewtwo you fight will have a mighty 54,148 CP, which will make him incredibly strong. Once you take it down, you will be able to catch a creature between 2,294 CP and 2,984 CP. Not quite the same power as the raid boss, but still quite respectable, especially if you can actually collect enough candy to upgrade it.
As you can probably tell from our list, Mewtwo is particularly weak against Ghost, Dark, and Bug-type attacks, but unfortunately there aren’t many powerful Bug-types in the game. As a result, Ghost-types and Dark take the lead, with Ghosts being excellent special attackers, and Dark-types being more likely to land powerful hits. If you have one of the specified Mega Evolutions, you will find this fight much easier.
If you manage to catch a new Mewtwo before June 23, you’ll get the Charged Attack Shadow Ball, and if you catch it after that time, you’re more likely to grapple with Psystrike. Both are great moves, so if you’re an avid PVP fighter or a hardcore collector, you should aim to catch both creatures.
Written by Dave Aubrey and Marco Wutz on behalf of GLHF.