WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. –Purdue’s No.3 basketball schedule returns home Friday inside Mackey Arena for a post Thanksgiving game with Omaha. The Undefeated Boilermakers are big favorites, but the game won’t be available on regular TV channels.
Tipping is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET.
- HOW TO WATCH: If you want to know how to watch from home, all you have to do is CLICK HERE to disseminate information, starting compositions and nuggets about the game.
Purdue begins a three-game homestand after two ranked wins in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament. The Boilermakers are 5-0 for the first time since the 2015-16 college basketball season, while Omaha enters the game at 1-4 that year.
Here’s how our LIVE BLOG works. We’ll keep you up to date with everything happening in the game in real time, keeping you up to date with spins, scores and trends. Highlights will be included as they become available.
Let’s start things off:
PRE-GAME – For the first time this entire season, Purdue coach Matt Painter comes out with a new starting five. Not much of a gap, but here’s who will be the first in the field for the Boilermakers this afternoon:
- First-year striker Caleb Furst
- Zach Edey sophomore center
- Senior Guard Eric Hunter Jr.
- Second year guard Jaden Ivey
- Main Guard Sasha Stefanovic
Related Stories About Purdue Basketball
- HUNTER SAYS âNO CEILINGâ FOR BOILERS: Purdue Guardian Eric Hunter Jr. was the guest of Sasha Live! podcast this week and spoke about the weekend’s big wins over North Carolina and Villanova, and high expectations for the future this season. “There is no cap for this team,” he said. Watch the full podcast here. CLICK HERE
- CALEB FURST BIG TEN FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Purdue first-year forward Caleb Furst has averaged 11.3 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game while shooting 13 of 17 from the field in the last three games. He also did 4 of 6 from the 3-point range and was 4 of 5 from the free throw line. CLICK HERE
- TREVION WILLIAMS NAMED CO-BIG TEN PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Purdue senior forward Trevion Williams has averaged 16.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 2.0 steals in his last three games. He spent 1,000 career points with the Boilermakers in a win over Wright State. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE RANKED THIRD IN AP SURVEY: Purdue’s basketball rose to third in the AP Top 25 poll after scoring victories over Wright State, North Carolina and Villanova. The team was previously ranked No.6 nationally after starting the season with two wins at Mackey Arena. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE WINS VILLANOVA: Purdue fell 11 points in the second half to defeat Villanova in Sunday’s Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament at Mohegan Sun Casino. Second-year center Zach Edey led the way with 21 points. CLICK HERE
- THE BOILERS OVERCOME NORTH CAROLINA: The No.6 Purdue had three players who scored 20 or more points in a 93-84 win over the No.18 North Carolina on Saturday. CLICK HERE
Become a member of the Boilermaker Country community!